Monday 10 February 2014

The Warrior in Dancing Shoes




The elements are the same
       Battle-bred... Forged out of steel
                            Made tough by the demons

His principles... Her discipline
                       He fought with power
                                             She, with grace

Onto the battlefield
          Swords wielded reflecting the sun
                                Armors rusted...blood crusted
                                                                                                                              

Blazing eyes of dark to light
      Of  fear
          Of faith

                                                                        The dangerous dance begins...

Do not mock my skin
       I have seen horrors as much as you do 
Do not judge my strength according to the thickness of my limbs
       My spirit is limitless 
Laugh at my sword -- puny against the gothic axe you wield 
       Feel the cold blade cut through you -- flesh and bones 
You fight with power and anger
       Relentless to the core
Yet here you stand 
      Captured by movement and art....

I am your mystery...

I am the Warrior in Dancing Shoes....

No comments:

Post a Comment