Wednesday 5 November 2014

But a Dream...

For some people, dreams are significant and sacred for it is believed to be the link of the past, present and future.  Dreams are even part of Sigmund Freud's psychosexual analysis since our unconscious self -- the raw, uninhibited side of us, is awake.

The most recent dream startled me this morning as the realization dawned on to me as to why was I awoken -- because I had to walk to away..

Devoid of any biases and conclusions, these are the bits and pieces that my conscious memory is trying the encapsulate. Let's just call them assumptions and suspend our disbelief.

Assumption 1:  There was supposed to be a big event and guests are coming in from different countries and provinces. I recognized the city as my hometown, Bacolod but I am visiting as a tourist and not as an old-timer.

Assumption 2:  My "significant other" is actually a native of the place and looks like 12 years younger but there is tension between us that we are both trying to avoid each other. It was a silent drama of stolen glances and anxiety.

Assumption 3: I met this bubbly girl who's about 4' 10'' and probably of my age. She looked very happy as tells a story to a circle of friends which, surprisingly, I belonged to as well. She said she was pregnant and the father was "MY S/O"!

Assumption 4:  This is a bit blurry but I remember an attempt to have a conversation with him and then there was an explosion or commotion of sorts.  I saw my S/O with an amputated leg and/or arm. Then I said to myself, "I must leave.. I didn't know that he sticks his dick somewhere else when I am not around..."

Back to reality...

I've come to realized that my dream is not about cheating... It's my own insecurity setting me up -- such a low blow!  Still, in the end, the Inner Goddess wins!

Merrily...merrily...merrily... life is but a dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment